Web of Science (WoS) is a leading bibliographic and citation database covering the most impactful global and regional scholarly journals, books, and proceedings from the fields of technical and natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and the humanities. It focuses on the essential data from across more than 250 disciplines, finds and tracks scholarly citations, provides tools for viewing journal impact factor, for finding author names using ResearcherID, a unique identifier which enables researchers to manage their publication lists, tracks times-cited and h-index, and identifies potential collaborators.
Web of Science Core Collection contains these citation indexes:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science (CPCI-S)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
Web of Science Core Collection: Chemical Indexes
- Current Chemical Reactions (CCR-EXPANDED)
- Index Chemicus (IC)
There is also available a slightly enhanced level of citation manager EndNote Basic to subscribers to Web of Science.
The resource is also available for faculty hospitals employees and external registered users.
The access to this e-resource was supported by the CzechELib project.