Licensing is based on users’ (CU students or employees) requirements - assigned licenses are processed as loans. After borrowing the license, the user will get an e-mail from the Grammarly platform with a link for activation. The licence does not need to be collected in person at Central library.
The eResources Portal contains an up to date manual. The Grammarly Premium reservation requests are handled manually and therefore we ask for your patience. Thank you for your understanding.
When your loaned license is overdue, you will receive an automatic email with this information. If you no longer wish to use Grammarly, you can ignore this email, the return of the license is done manually by the Central Library, and no fees are accumulated. In case you are interested in Grammarly Premium using after this date, contact the Central Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless it is prevented by circumstances such as reaching the maximum of the loan period or terminating the relationship to Charles University and so on, you can renew your license before the loan period is overdue following these instructions.
Grammarly is a digital writing tool using artificial intelligence and natural language processing.
In addition to the basic functions included in the freely available version (critical grammar and spelling checks, conciseness), Premium also offers the following:
- Vocabulary enhancement suggestions
- Genre-specific writing style checks
- Plagiarism detector that checks more than 16 billion web pages
Other functionalities include:
- Check your writing across the web
- Access your personal editor via Grammarly.com
- Access your documents on multiple devices
- Integrate with Microsoft® Office (Windows only)
- Use native desktop apps (Windows and macOS)
- See definitions and synonyms via double clicks
- Catch contextual spelling and grammar mistakes
- Add words to your personal dictionary
- See explanations of grammar rules
- Get performance stats via email
Currently, 795 licenses are available to registered CU library users (students and employees) via Charles University’s discovery service UKAŽ for a period of six months.
The reservation guide can be found here.
Grammarly Free is also available to you and offers many useful features as well.