JoVE Core Molecular Biology
Journal of Visual Experiments (JoVE) Core Molecular Biology is a collection of videos intended for interactive teaching of molecular biology. Via numerous animated videos, there are explained the key terms and concepts of this domain. In addition, there are demonstrated original laboratory experiments in "scientist-in-action" videos.
The whole content of this collection is accessible. It consists of eleven chapters:
- DNA, Cells, and Evolution
- Biochemistry of the Cell
- Protein Structure
- Protein Function
- DNA and Chromosome Structure
- DNA Replication
- DNA Repair and Recombination
- Transcription: DNA to RNA
- Translation: RNA to Protein
- Gene Expression
- Additional Roles of RNA
You can access this e-resource from any device with an internet connection (PC, tablet, smartphone). You can share videos, embed them to the web pages or integrate them into e-learning tools, e.g. Moodle. There is a table of contents, a transcript and a possibility to enable subtitles available to all videos.
Useful links, especially for teachers:
- every Thursday, the webinar "Accelerate Your Science Research and Education with JoVE" takes place - registration
- 6 Tips for Effectively Using Video in Remote STEM Courses
- Webinars "Remote Learning: Findings from a Crisis Period"
- using JoVE in online education